A unique opportunity for an architect looking for employment with a difference – to become an expert in the Architecture for the Controlled Environment.
L2D is a small boutique architectural practice specialising in the design of controlled environments – notably around Research Architecture.
Our project portfolio reflects a comprehensive portfolio of clients in Research Institutes such as the CSIRO and The Walter & Eliza Hall Institute, as well as many of the Australasian Universities, where L2D supports the design of their research laboratory workplaces and high technology manufacturing capability. The primary focus of our business is for the design of research facilities for science based human, animal, plant research and high-end specialist platform technologies.
We are seeking a graduate architect of 5 to 10 years experience who would be competent at CAD and most of the typically used support software involved in delivering state of the art construction projects.
Our home base is in Melbourne Australia with a national and international client base and hence the employment will require the ability and willingness to travel.
L2D was established just over 3 years ago, and we operate as a nimble and inclusive business immersed in a broad range of professional practice activities and shared responsibilities.
Full time employment.
WHAT YOU MAY EXPECT FROM L2D
Your project work will be diverse and engaging with some of the worlds brightest and enquiring minds.
You will be supported by team members who are regarded as the best in their field of Research Workspace design.
Extraordinary support from our client base, noting that most of our project work is return business and our clients value our expertise. They are as engaged in the delivery process as we are.
Projects are diverse, as are our project locations.
- An engaging and consultative approach to managing clients on design and technical aspects of our project typology
- The need to be able to work on several projects simultaneously
- Flexibility is a key attribute
- Reflect our approach to design excellence and where applicable work together with us to define new research operational typologies
- Proven experience in managing all aspects of project delivery from conception to completion on site
- Site contract administration experience
- Commercial awareness in the management of project delivery
- Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders from the initial briefing through the delivery stages
- A client focus and maintaining and enhancing our client relationships
- Willingness and interest in understanding our building typologies and the value that expert knowledge brings to the operational aspects of our clients business.
- High proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, MS Office Suit and InDesign.
Applications consisting of CV and portfolio images can be sent digitally (PDF, max. 10MB) to colin@L2D.com.au.
Please title your email application: L2D Employment Application and your name
No agencies or third party applications are to make contact – please.